• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Grandparent was a US Citzen, I am currently working in the US

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



I am currently working in Colorado on a TN visa ( due to expire in Aug-2001). Below is prelim info and after I will ask the question.
My GrandFather was a US Citizen who moved to Canada after WW1, He was Killed in an accident in Canada in 1940. My Mother was never registered at a consulate to obtain her Citizenship but went to school in the USA for several years as well as regular visits to our relatives in the States.
My year of birth is 1962.

Question 1: Am I able to claim Citizenship through my Grandfather??

Question 2: If I was to file for an extension of my TN status at the same time as attempting to claim Citizenship through my GrandFather would this cause problems??

Thanks for any help with regards to this
Brent Mills

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential