• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Grandparents mobile home possession help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ytilaer

Hello everyone I'm looking for some legal advice. I am currently residing in a mobile home in NY State which belonged to my late Grandparents that I lived with and cared for before their passing. I own the property and pay the taxes on both the land and mobile home and have for years. Neither one had a will. My Grandparents had 3 children including my parent who has already passed away. The other 2 will not respond to me and want nothing to do with me. The mobile home being a 1993 has no title only a certificate of origin and bill of sale made out to my deceased grandparents. I was wondering if anyone knows a way I can take ownership of the mobile home?

ytilaer

Hello,
Thank you for the information I will look into this. There is alot there to process but it looks more promising than what one of the local lawyers here told me. I think at this point I need to find a lawyer who is familiar with this act. Thank you again for pointing me in the right direction.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">