• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Grandparents need advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state?NY. My adult daughter and I(her mom) have a very poor relationship. She and her child have always lived with us. She works, is divorced (dad of child not in picture), has a boyfriend and spends every night with him after she puts her child to bed. We need to get her out of the house, things are that bad. Of course, my grandchild is my major concern. She is a decent mother, but has some psych issues, controlling, obsessive, selfish, etc. Any suggestions?


Meddlesome Priestess
What's your goal?

Are you trying to get custody? If you are, I see no reason why Mom shouldn't retain custody of her own child.


Senior Member
A. Serve her with proper notice to quit and follow all the steps to a T

B. Serve her with proper notice of a hefty rent increase ...consistent with market rates...not whopping in excess of same

C. BIte you lip and take every proper step to implement both ...dont waiver lest you get stuck with a compete do over .

MOm is to take her child with her..that's a fact ...and I'd NOT offer to host the child....you are digging your own emotional grave if you go there.
Sponsored Ad