• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Grandparents rights and custody issue

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Tallerin

What is the name of your state?PA

A little rundown on issue. Ex and I are rarely on talking terms maybe 1-2 weeks a year. i called ex about a few question's regarding school with our daughter. in the same phone call she brought up and asked if i could help cause here mother refuse's to give her our daughter or lets her go home with mommy.I managed to get out of her some info regarding some gaurdianship papers. i never knew about these papers and she also states she did not know what they were when she signed them. She said they were added into the stack of papers for the name change on the bottom. Her lawyer had them arranged so the top paper clearly stated they were for the name change. the others under it with just the lines showing to be signed.

The gaurdianship papers were filed by my ex's mother at the same as the name change and had my ex's lawyer slip them in.

questions i have are

reading through them i saw one clause that i think i understand but not sure

it said: In the absence of (mothers name) has signed over all of her custitute rights and gaurdianship to (grandmother's name). from this day foward grandma will recieve full physical and residential custody all rights and resposibilies of said child. includeing cost of supporting needs and all health care.

am i right that by my ex signing these papers with that clause she handed over all custody and rights to grandma?

If so could i be able to get it turned over in court (they are not court order papers) as i was not mentioned in these papers nor notified?

Also childsupport is being paid to Ex and is the only thing order through the courts.

LdiJ

Tallerin said:
What is the name of your state?PA

A little rundown on issue. Ex and I are rarely on talking terms maybe 1-2 weeks a year. i called ex about a few question's regarding school with our daughter. in the same phone call she brought up and asked if i could help cause here mother refuse's to give her our daughter or lets her go home with mommy.I managed to get out of her some info regarding some gaurdianship papers. i never knew about these papers and she also states she did not know what they were when she signed them. She said they were added into the stack of papers for the name change on the bottom. Her lawyer had them arranged so the top paper clearly stated they were for the name change. the others under it with just the lines showing to be signed.

The gaurdianship papers were filed by my ex's mother at the same as the name change and had my ex's lawyer slip them in.

questions i have are

reading through them i saw one clause that i think i understand but not sure

it said: In the absence of (mothers name) has signed over all of her custitute rights and gaurdianship to (grandmother's name). from this day foward grandma will recieve full physical and residential custody all rights and resposibilies of said child. includeing cost of supporting needs and all health care.

am i right that by my ex signing these papers with that clause she handed over all custody and rights to grandma?

If so could i be able to get it turned over in court (they are not court order papers) as i was not mentioned in these papers nor notified?

Also childsupport is being paid to Ex and is the only thing order through the courts.
If you are paying child support then your legal paternity would have been established. So yes, you should have been served with any paperwork regarding the change or custody or guardianship of your child.

Therefore yes, you would have a decent chance of getting the guardianship revoked.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">