• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

grandparents rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Robin E.

What is the name of your state? pa. this is a complicated situation i'm hoping someone can help me with. i need advice but don't need to pay a huge lawyer fee at this point in time to get it. anyway, my sister said some things about me to my children that we not true (i was a druggy and i slept around). when i confronted her she denied it and said my kids were lying. in the end i decided that it would be better if she not be around them, especially if i'm not present. well, now my parents want to take my kids to their house (which normally isn't a problem) but sis has been going to stay at there house on the weekends so i had to tell my parents that they could not go to their home if she was there. i invited my parents to my house to see the kids but they don't want to do that. it's either at there house, whether sis is there or not or they are going to take me to court to get visitation rights so they can see the kids and do whatever they want with them. does anyone know if they can legally do this?


Senior Member
Pennsylvania Statute:
"Grandparent Rights to Visitation: Visitation may be granted when at least one of the parents of the child is deceased, when the parents' marriage is dissolved or the parents have been separated for six months or more, or when the child has resided with the grandparents for twelve months or more and is subsequently removed from the home by his parents. The court must find that the visitation is in the best interest of the child and will not interfere with the parent-child relationship and must consider the amount of personal contact between the child and the grandparent prior to the application. Title 23, Section 5311 (23 Pa.C.S.A. § 5311 et seq.). "


grandparent rights?

Hmm, interesting. What if the parents aren't even married?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential