• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

grandparents rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

ABBEY DAVIS

i am in virginia and i want to know what the possible of my exs
parents recieving visitation or even custody of my 2 children is?
the judge has granted me full custody with no visitation to the father due to his behavior, so his parents are claiming me unfit and taking me to court. when the truth is, his mother has a drinking problem and i have has warrants placed on her for harrassing and threating calls at work.

D

Desi's mom

from what i know and have seen she has no rights UNLESS she can prove you unfit. it sounds to me like you are "A" ok.
I would like to ask you though how did you get full custody with no visitation. I am in the works of trying to get that myself. I just started actually with trying to get the decree in my home state.
my ex is violent and just recently was charged with 3 counts of child endangerment cuz he beat up his girlfriend in front of my daughter as well as his other 2 children.
Did you get an attorney? I am trying to get this taken care of without spending all this money
good luck to you,
Desi's mom

A

ABBEY DAVIS

no i did not have a lawyer, but due to the fathers criminal history and the impression that the court appointed guardian recieved from the father and his history the judge decided against any visitation with the father. i have taken care of our children with no help from him. i just did my own reasearch and did it alone, just have everything in order proving that the safety of the children is an issue with the father and explain his history of violence to the judge. their father is also vilent and has been viloent towards me in the past.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">