• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Grandparents Visitation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rmbldlb

What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? IN

My eighteen year old daughter has a 5 month old baby. She is not married to the baby's father but they are living together. The baby's parental grandmother is inisisting that she should get to babysit the baby, that she should get to see the baby when she wants to no matter what time of day or night, and constantly hounding them about how they are raising the baby. She says that if they dont do what she wants and if she doesnt get to see the baby when she wants to she will take them to court and get visitation rights and maybe even custody. She has my daughter in tears almost every day with another demand. My daughter and the baby's father's are afraid if they dont follow her wishes they will be pulled into a long court battle. I am not sure what visitation rights the grandmother has.

JaneyS4

Grandparents have no rights unless there is overwhelming evidence that BOTH parents are unfit. That is a lenghty uphill battle.

Tell your daughter and her boyfriend to tell demanding G'ma to take a hike. They don't even have to let her in their house if they don't want to. And they don't have to have a reason.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">