• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Grant deeded from parents mom n dad signed only moms was notarized dads wasnt

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I am their only child and my parents were divorced . My father abandoned this home and my mother 15 years ago due to domestic violence case against my father.My father remarried another woman . He was not my mothers widow

LdiJ

I am their only child and my parents were divorced . My father abandoned this home and my mother 15 years ago due to domestic violence case against my father.My father remarried another woman . He was not my mothers widow
Did you register the grant deed? Is your father's widow attempting to make a claim against your home?

I meant my mother passed away father is alive in oregon somewhere. I went to record this deed and discovered my father is trying to sell our home behind my back claiming to be my mothers widow . Again my mother has signed off on my documents to me and my father signed them too dated 2 10 2018. Just his wasnt notarized

I meant my mother passed away father is alive in oregon somewhere. I went to record this deed and discovered my father is trying to sell our home behind my back claiming to be my mothers widow . Again my mother has signed off on my documents to me and my father signed them too dated 2 10 2018. Just his wasnt notarized
my moms part was notarized

Did you register the grant deed? Is your father's widow attempting to make a claim against your home?
I went to go record the deed papers and discovered my father claiming to be my mothers widow when he is not. And trying to sell behind my back to another person by grant deed. This is illegal

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
You need an attorney, not an internet forum. It's quite possible that the deed you have is either not valid, or only grants you a portion of the house. It's a mess, and it's a shame that you didn't fix this in early 2018.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">