• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Green card advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

parsamkk

What is the name of your state?Dear Sir or Madam,
I need a little immigration advice and I hope you can help me out.
Here is my situation.
I am 29 year old, unmarried, F-1 student visa holder. I have been on F-1 for almost 9 years. My mother and father just become US citizens and would like to sponsor me for a green card.
My questions is can I work and stay legally in the US in the near feature (what will be the approximate timeline) if I do not keep F-1 status (can I use forms I-765, I-131 and when). I checked on the USCIC site that the wait period for a green card application in my case will be 4 years. Is that true?
The other part of the question is that I have a fiancé that is neither a US citizen nor a green card holder; she is a F-1 holders as well. What is the best move to help her work and stay in the US in the shortest timeline? When will be the best time to marry her?

Also I have a question a part from the above. If I become an O visa (I know I can) holder can I have multiple employers? Can I prepare the O visa documentation by myself and where can I find help on the web?
I really appreciate your help in the difficult decisions.
Sincerely,
[email protected]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">