• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Green card through marriage - new spouse

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Senior Member
A real can of worms, and I believe that if a green card holder leaves the US to get married after getting a divorce, immigration will suspect a marriage of convenience.
Best get an immigration attorney before even starting the process because of it's complexity.
After having a green card for 5 years someone can petition for citizenship. Perhaps that is what the person should do first.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential