• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Grievance against lawyer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

OneFriend78

Washington State: I filed a grievance in 2014. The letter from the office of disciplinary counsel came back dated November 17, 2014. I was denied because of lack of clear preponderance of evidence. I did not file an appeal in time. I claimed I was harassed, but not sexually harassed, and I never included that word. I was harassed, but most of the emails came from my end. There were too many to keep, so I deleted them all, except for the last email I sent to the firm, and a letter was attached post-grievance, in fact, as late as this year in February of 2020. I repeatedly requested a response for which I never received an answer, and I tried to complain, legally, but I feel backed into a corner as a female. Do you understand what I am trying to say? I have a valid reason to receive an answer, and yet there has been no reply in several years.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
"Having a valid reason" to receive an answer, and "are entitled by law to receive an answer" are not the same thing.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Washington State: I filed a grievance in 2014. The letter from the office of disciplinary counsel came back dated November 17, 2014. I was denied because of lack of clear preponderance of evidence. I did not file an appeal in time.
...end of story.

Just Blue

Washington State: I filed a grievance in 2014. The letter from the office of disciplinary counsel came back dated November 17, 2014. I was denied because of lack of clear preponderance of evidence. I did not file an appeal in time. I claimed I was harassed, but not sexually harassed, and I never included that word. I was harassed, but most of the emails came from my end. There were too many to keep, so I deleted them all, except for the last email I sent to the firm, and a letter was attached post-grievance, in fact, as late as this year in February of 2020. I repeatedly requested a response for which I never received an answer, and I tried to complain, legally, but I feel backed into a corner as a female. Do you understand what I am trying to say? I have a valid reason to receive an answer, and yet there has been no reply in several years.
I'm not sure. I think what you are saying is you were harassed in some way, not sexual, from an attorney and filed a grievance with the state bar. You were denied. You then sent numerous e-mails to the attorney, in effect harassing him/her, up until 2/2020.
I'm not sure what the statement "I feel back into a corner as a female" means...please clarify.

I would guess that the attorney and his/her office are not replying to your e-mail because you accused him/her of harassment.

Litigator22

I'm not sure. I think what you are saying is you were harassed in some way, not sexual, from an attorney and filed a grievance with the state bar. You were denied. You then sent numerous e-mails to the attorney, in effect harassing him/her, up until 2/2020.
I'm not sure what the statement "I feel back into a corner as a female" means...please clarify. I would guess that the attorney and his/her office are not replying to your e-mail because you accused him/her of harassment.
I hate to see you troubled over this. So here is a suggestion that just might help in resolving your dilemma.

Instead of laboring over what OP has meaninglessly written try to understand what Zigner has meaningfully written!

OneFriend78

Ok, I've read your replies and I decide to agree with you. I think the issue at hand is not a matter of the law but mental health, and I will freely admit to that. Thank you for enlightening me. It was my pleasure receiving advice from you.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
Ok, I've read your replies and I decide to agree with you. I think the issue at hand is not a matter of the law but mental health, and I will freely admit to that. Thank you for enlightening me. It was my pleasure receiving advice from you.
I am glad to hear that you have made some progress over the years.

Realizing and acknowledging to oneself the true issue is the first step in determining a useful way to address the issue.

I wish you luck in your efforts to improve your mental health. It has been a challenging year for all.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">