• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Gross Negligence?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

keynote

What is the name of your state? DC (Metropolitan area, MD)

My car was parked in a garage where I pay an annual fee. The garage is old, but I had no idea how old. A portion of the ceiling collapsed on my car causing some minor but costly damages. Dents, scratches and scrapes on both the body and windows. I am having a very difficult time receiving damage compensation. I am getting a serious run around by my employer. What can I do? Is this negligence on their part? Water damage has caused the ceiling to start breaking off any many areas and the foundation appears to be splitting, yet it is the only place for employee parking. Any advice?

tammy8

I would file it under my comp (falling objects) coverage on my auto policy and then let your insurance fight it out with the garage owner's policy. Will save you a lot of time and money in the long run!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">