• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Grounds for Grievance?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



I've had this lawyer for 3 years, and she's helped me out on a lot of things. The last time I talked with her was 3 months ago. She was supposed to take care of an offense that was keeping me from getting my license back. I moved out of state and have called her numerous times in the past 3 months, but she doesn't return my calls or write me on the status. I continue to send her payments, but have received no acknowledgement of receipt. What can I do to get her attention? I'd like to take care of whatever needs to be done to get my license back.




If you simply want to get her attention write a letter saying that if you do not hear from her in X number of days (whatever you think is reasonable) that you will find a new attorney to resolve the license issue and pursue any legal remedies you have against her for her failure to respond to you in the past 3 months. I have a feeling you will get a timely response from her.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential