• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Guardian Ad Litem

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

codybug10

What is the name of your state? Mo
I had a 3rd Pre-Trial. At the pretrial my attorney came from talking to the judge and told me the kids attorney wanted to meet with me again. My attorney also told me that the Guardian had asked to have a copy of a recorded phone conversation between my STBX and my sister (Missouri is a 1 party state). My attorney gave her a copy of the tape. He also told her a lot of the evidence in our divorce case (My side).
I went for the appointment, and had taken a list of concerns I had about the children since the last appointment with the Guardian. These are:
1. STBX's boyfriend has 11 DWI"s and 11 Driving while revoked on his driving record with 1 court apperence pending. (He drives the car titled to me and STBX to this day and some times with the children in the car.
2. STBX was given a ticket for shooting fireworks at a city police car while the kids watched.
3. Live in boyfriend waving a loaded gun around inside the house and oldest daughter jumped onto the couch and covered her head because she was afraid she would get hurt.
4. Police came to STBX's house and asked her live in "Where's the gun ****? We want the gun, give us the gun ****" The kids were there and were scared.
4. The police came and searched the house where STBX lives, looking for a lady that STBX had living with her. They searched the kids rooms as well.
These are all in 1 month. the Guardian listened to the tape while I sat in her waiting room. When I got in to start the meeting, she asked "How in the hell did you ever get mixed up with a tramp like this" (this was from what she heard on the tape) She then told me to keep pushing for full custody, that the way it stands right now, I will get 50/50 with equal parenting time with the kids.
Question: What can I do to "Keep pushing" I hope you will do a search for Codybug10 and see the things that have happened during this mess before making any suggestions!
My divorce comes up on 25 November, 2003 unless it gets postponed again. I sure hope it doesn't, because I don't know how much more I can take of this.

Thanks

C

crymat

WOW!!

When I went to court with a GAL, I brought the same type of evidence on my ex. The GAL took a look a it and then said the child was not safe with the father and offered him supervised visits.
Your GAL should be more concerned for these children and you need to ask for restricted visits. That is the job of the GAL. They are supposed to listen to the evidence and then suggest to the courts what will be in the best interest of the child.
Go back to your GAL and ask them about restricted or supervised visits.

GOOD LUCK!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">