• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Guardianship is Part 1

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CanSome1HelpMe

What is the name of your state? Nevada, Guardianship was conditionally granted for my wife to be able to sit with my attorney and to sign paperwork for my mediation that was Amending my Divorce Decree. She attended as I did but I was heavily medicated and my attorney knew this as well as the defendants attorney and the mediator assigned to this case. We were there 8 1/2 hours because my wife was not agreeing to the way they were typing the amended decree. Long story short she was told it could be changed and to call the office Monday morning but to please initial and sign tonight, we didn't need the judge upsetting with nothing signed. So I signed then she asked Terry to sigh and I told her he couldn't even see straight but she stated it was just to show he was in attendance. A year goes by and now she wanted me to take the Oath and sign the paperwork to finish the Guardianship and I said no. My Husband did not need a guardian anymore I told her and if I had not taken this Oath and or signed the paperwork then was my signature valid and her response was we have Terry's. Terry can't even remember any of the meeting. Not present day, she wants to know if she can file a withdrawal on the guardianship and have them deal with me? This was a closed case due to no activity from what I see on the registry of actions and the entry before that was when I submitted the paperwork of my mother in law as co guardian. She has died since then. The reason I am asking is I am having issues with my attorney and case is a mess. I just need to know if I was legally okay to sign a document for my husband as a Guardian when the Oath and or paperwork had never been finished. And was my husbands signature legal when the Judge said he had to have a Guardian and his doctor stated he was in no condition to make legal or financial decisions due to his heavy medications and the stroke had caused a deep depression and that medication has made his thinking very cloudy and at times he forgets things. Not in those words but you can understand I hope.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
I realize that you are doing your best to help your husband, but please edit this post. It is very confusing, as halfway through it switches from you being the husband to you being the wife. I'm not even positive of who Terry is in all this!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">