• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Guidelines For Modification

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sixmoreyears

What is the name of your state? PENNSYLVANIA

I originally went to court when my child was 4 years old and have physical custody of my daughter who is now 12. I have never asked for increase in child support in all these years. I'm considering doing so, but I make considerably more than ex, and he states that since he is remarried and has more children, he would wind up paying less than he's giving me now. Is this true? Should I leave things alone? I would take him to court for more money simply because it's costing more for a 12 year old than it did for a 4 year old...What are my chances of making him pay more? Thanks for your help..

LdiJ

sixmoreyears said:
What is the name of your state? PENNSYLVANIA

I originally went to court when my child was 4 years old and have physical custody of my daughter who is now 12. I have never asked for increase in child support in all these years. I'm considering doing so, but I make considerably more than ex, and he states that since he is remarried and has more children, he would wind up paying less than he's giving me now. Is this true? Should I leave things alone? I would take him to court for more money simply because it's costing more for a 12 year old than it did for a 4 year old...What are my chances of making him pay more? Thanks for your help..
He is possibly correct, possibly not correct. If you know how much he makes then you could google for an online calculator for your state and run the numbers to get an idea.

I think it would all end up depending on how much his income has increased over the last 8 years. If its not increased much, then his credits for additional children might offset and CS reduction that would be applicable. If its increased significantly, then they probably wouldn't.

LdiJ said:
He is possibly correct, possibly not correct. If you know how much he makes then you could google for an online calculator for your state and run the numbers to get an idea.

I think it would all end up depending on how much his income has increased over the last 8 years. If its not increased much, then his credits for additional children might offset and CS reduction that would be applicable. If its increased significantly, then they probably wouldn't.
PA does not allow credits for additional children.

Sandwalk

whyUcryin said:
Definition: GREEDY A** B**CH!!!!!!!!!!! Examples. sixmoreyears
Hence.....The world is full of morons. And they are breeding like rabbits.
Brimstone, Douglas Preston ;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">