• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Guilty or Innocent??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lostttt

A few months ago my husband went on a float trip with his "Buddy" and some other friends of his "Buddy". They were all in a raft, and the water patrol stopped the raft, found a ziplock baggie containing a tin that had some methanphedamines in the tin. The rest of the group was let go and my husband, having long hair, and the gift of being extremely thin all his life was detained, and charged with possession. My husband doesn't do drugs, some of the others on the trip do, and the tin belonged to his "Buddy". My husband told them to take prints - his couldn't be on something he never touched, and he tried to get them to do a drug test then -- they wouldn't. It is going to court in a couple of weeks. I am worried sick, my husband isn't worried at all, he just knows that not being guilty is going to save him -- I know being innocent does not always win the case. Do they have a case??? We are in Missouri.

------------------
lostttt

B

bellestar

WELL IT IS ALL ABOUT HOW THEY DEFEND HIM. AND HIS "BUDDY" CAN ALWAYS GET A NOTERIZED LETTER STATING THAT THE TIN WAS HIS. IF HIS "BUDDY" DOES GET THAT LETTER AND HAVE IT NOTERIZED OR COME FROM A LAWYER THE COURT HAS NO CHOICE BUT TO LET HUBBY GO.....

L

lostttt

The whole case is based on a "tin" with methanphetamine in it, the "tin" was in a ziplock baggie, in a raft, with several other "baggies" containing cigarettes, lighters, wallets, etc...(5 guys in the raft). The baggie with the tin was about 3 or 4 foot away from my husband (it was closer to the person at the center of the boat), the baggie with his cigarettes, lighter, and keys was right next to him. How can they just pick up a baggie and say "This baggie "looks" like it belongs to you - you are the one that we want to hang this on". How can they just "decide" who they think is the guilty person??
The lawyer is confident that there will be no problem and that there is nothing to worry about. It is nice to hear, but we don't have any experience with this kind of thing.
Do you have any idea what the possession laws are? How do they decide who's the "lucky" owner of the tin when no-one had the tin in their possession???

I would appreciate all the help I can get.

Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">