• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Gun rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


New member
I am a convicted felon
I am a Florida resident but was convicted while in Georgia during my military service 15 years ago.
If I petition to have rights restored do I do it in Georgia or Florida? Are there any other legal courses of action other than restoration of rights that would allow me a firearm for personal defense?


Senior Member
What is the character of your discharge?
Even if you clean up the felony issue, you may not be eligible.


Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential