• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

H-1 Visa's

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

Debby

What is required of a company to "sponsor" someone with an H-1 Visa? Is there a financial cost to the company or do they simply need to sign a piece of paper?

L

lawguy

company's have to get INS approval (by filling out a form I-129) to employ H-1B visa holders. Plus, the company must pay a $110 application fee plus a $500 special education fee.

To complete an I-129, the company must get a Labor Condition Application approved from the Department of Labor.

To get an LCA from the DoL, the company must get a "prevailing wage determination" from the state employment agency.

D

Debby

I have also run into some candidates lately that have their F-1 Visa to go to school here in the states and tell me they have a year to do practical training? Is this the same procedure as the H-1 Visa?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">