• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

H.O. insurance quote

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? new york
Before I closed on my house I received a quote for home owners insurance and paid for a full year. Now I receive another bill for an additional 150.00 because the agent entered the wrong fire district even though I had told her the correct one. Do I have to pay extra?

C

CUDALIS

First of all, yes, you have to pay based on the correct fire district. Second, I'm curious as to how you were able to provide the correct fire district. ( are you in the business?) The district codes are usually found in broker/agent or insurance underwriters, manuals. Is it that you gave the city/town or area? Confusion can come into play, especially when dealing with the various downstate as well as upstate counties, and whether or not they are incorporated or unincorporated, etc. The five boroughs don't cause a problem, they're cut and dry.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">