• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

H1 B transfer before 10/1/07

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ajharish

What is the name of your state? Kentucky

Hi

i am currently working for company A on OPT, but had applied for H1 thru company B- which has been approved. my question is can i transfer from Company B to A before 10/1?
will there be chances of rejectoin if i try do it?

should i wait until october and then try and transfer?

please advice

ImmigAttyLana

If you do it before 10/1/07, it would not be a transfer but a new petition that is not subject to the H-1B quota since in order to be able to transfer status, you must be IN that status to enable you to transfer it to another employer. After 10/1/07, you can only transfer the status if you are already working for the initial employer in H-1B status.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or how I can be of further assistance to you in this matter.

NiceFriendOfU

Confused

I just called an other lawyer to verify whether we can do a transfer before 10/07

He said it is safe to do it after oct 1 but not before that....I donot y, :confused:

ImmigAttyLana

It's only a TRANSFER after 10/1/07 IF YOU ARE WORKING FOR THE ORIGINAL EMPLOYER AT THAT TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!! Otherwise, it is NOT a transfer. At this time, you can do a new petition that is not subject to the quota (I do these all the time for my clients nationwide) so there is no issue.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or how I can be of further assistance to you in this matter.

ajharish

Contact information needed

Hi Ms Lana

can you please give me your contact information? I would like to talk about my case and may be go with you, please

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">