• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

H1 to H4 to H1 : Urgent pls..Lana pls help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

soopi

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA
Hi Lana,

I have a critical situation.
I am on H1B bench period of employer A. Since employer could not find any placement he is going to withdraw my H1B on Nov 10th. Company B is ready to transfer my H1 but he wants me wait until a placement is confirmed. Company B says that there is a " 30 day window" period without me going out of status. Please tell me the best way not to be out of status until I get new job.

How long could I stay in US legally without applying for H4? Is there realy a "30 days window" period where we dont go out of status when we change jobs between employers?

Thanks

candg918

Any attorneys posting here do so in their spare time. If you have an urgent question requiring an attorney's response, you need to pay for a consultation with one.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">