• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

H1B Stamping in Canada or Mexico

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

prq20

What is the name of your state? CA
Hi All,
I came to the United States in Sep 2001 on F-1 Visa and got my MS Degree in Computer Information Systems. I got OPT, worked for some time on that too, and then Company A filed for my H-1B in Sep 2004 with a start date of OCT 2004. I worked for Company A for the months of Oct and Nov 2004 and then switched the company. I worked with Company B till May 2005 and Because of good offer, joined Company C. At present I am working as a Consultant at a Reputable IT Firm in the Bay Area.

Beacuse of my project, my new client wants me to to visit other countries but I am in a fix as my F-1 is expired in Dec 2004 and I don't have an H1 stamped in my passport.

To continue my job, I need the stamping done. Is it a good idea to go to Canada or I can go to Maxico for the same purpose too. What are the chances of getting things in line in either countries? Is there any real affect of changing companies, if they offer you a better rate then the previous company?

Any help or experience will be appreciated.

PRQ20

Belle_b

Go to the following site -- www.nvars.com and see what dates are available for interviews. When you go to stamp your visa, be sure to bring ALL of your H approvals/filings. I went to Toronto three weeks ago - generally, no problem (I did change a job once while on H1B).

Do you need a visa to Canada or Mexico? Take that into account, too.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">