• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

H1B Transfer employer problem - urgent

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state? India

Hi Lana,

A very urgent question.
I am at present in India.
My Indian Employer "A" had filled my H1B petition and It has been approved.
I have now changed my job with employer "B".
Only reference I have to my H1B application is my receipt number.
My employer "A" is not ready to give me the H1B approval notice or any related papers. :mad:
Can I get these papers from somewhere else?
Is my H1B portable to my new employer? (I have never used this H1B)

If yes tell me the process I need to follow to get my H1B transfered to Employer "B".

Thanks in advance for your help.

JJ :confused:


Senior Member
You need to have proof that you are in H-1B status in order to transfer to another employer on the basis of a filed H-1B petition. In order to show proof of maintaining valid H1-B status, you need to show that you are WORKING for that employer and have proof of that through paycheck stubs and the approval notice of that status through the USCIS approval notice.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or if I may be of further assistance to you in this matter.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential