• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

H1B Transfer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

heartlander

What is the name of your state? CA

I got my H1B approval notice last week and I have some questions regarding H1B transfer. Let's say on my case, what if I want to transfer to another employer after I got my social security number and 2 recent pay stubs, would that be possible??? But on the requirements for h1b transfer you should have a valid h1 visa which I dont have for this time as I am here in the US and I only have my approval notice. Should I have to go back to my country of origin and apply for non-immigrant visa??? Or can I transfer to another company with my approval notice, 2 recent pay stub and social security number??? How much is the fee for visa transfer?

My family is still in our country and they are planning to apply for h4 visa. Since the effectivity date of my approval notice which is still on October 1, 2005, can they apply before the said date? And I need to send them the original copy of the approval notice. Would it be fine that I only have a xerox copy with me of the approval notice while my family is applying for h4?

If my family will come here with h4 visa and my husband will find a job offer here, is he subject to the annual visa cap??? He's in the Information Technology field.

Thanks in advance..

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">