• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

H4 - GC-EAD. Independent Contractor but did not receive 1099 in year 2015.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

AMYS123

What is the name of your state? I live in Oregon. I work for a company as an Independent Contractor on 1099 misc. In year 2015 I did not receive any 1099 from my client however, I Have paid my taxes. I ALSO have EAD-GC hence I was working. I am going for H4 stamping. I want to know if there will be any problem related to 1099 ?

FlyingRon

You're making little sense. First off, there are EADs and there are Green (Permanent Resident) Cards. They have roughly similar appearance, but they mean different things. With a Green Card you don't need an H4. If you have an EAD, how did you get it (did you have a prior H4?).

You're expected to report and pay taxes on any income you receive as an independent contractor whether or not you get a 1099. A 1099 is not your responsibility, it just indicates to you what the contracting company told the government. They are the ones who are responsible for it. They only need to file it if you make more than $600 (did you make that much)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">