• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Had Corporate Amex..Company out of Business.. Am I responsible for balance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mikiejny

What is the name of your state? NY

I had a corporate Amex card with a $1022 balance. I was let go from company in Dec 05 because the company was going out of business.

They never paid the balance on the card and Amex says I'm responsible.

I pulled my credit report and it showed a negative because of this. I paid the balance personally. Can I go after the company to get the money back? If they're not around.. can I go after the president of the company personally?

As far as I know they have not declared bankrupcy.

Thanks
Michael

Veronica1228

mikiejny said:
What is the name of your state? NY

I had a corporate Amex card with a $1022 balance. I was let go from company in Dec 05 because the company was going out of business.

They never paid the balance on the card and Amex says I'm responsible.

I pulled my credit report and it showed a negative because of this. I paid the balance personally. Can I go after the company to get the money back? If they're not around.. can I go after the president of the company personally?

As far as I know they have not declared bankrupcy.

Thanks
Michael
First of all, I doubt that you were let go in Dec 05 since it is currently Sep of 05 unless you are somehow posting from the future. Secondly, who charged the $1022 balance? I'm assuming since it was your card you are the one who did the charging. Why wouldn't you pay it or try to expense it? What exactly were the charges for?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">