• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Had our 341.. Trustee wants our car.. now what?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mymymy

What is the name of your state? FLORIDA

We filed pro se and had our meeting yesterday. The trustee was professional and treated us with dignity and respect. Chapter 7, no asset

However, he said he is going to object to our auto exemption (1000.00 here in FL) It's our only car, It's a 95 Blazer LS with 124,000 miles on it. KBB said 650 trade in, black book said 850 and one sold in auto trader for 950. I put 1000.00 as it's value. Our trustee only uses NADA, and high retail value at that. OK. So, he claims we're at 4200.00

He wants us to call him and let us know if we'll surrender the vehichle or buy it out for 3200.00???

Are we now an "asset" case?

My question.. Why would he want us to call him? What is the procedure for him? Doesn't he have to file an 'Objection to Debtors Exemption' and then have it heard before the judge? ( I know the judge will grant it.. they always do ) But, he made it sound like he was gonna get the car on Monday (holiday??)

How does this work and what do I do in the meantime? No updates on PACER yet

If he had other objections, would he have stated them at the 341 or is this an ongoing search and destroy mission?

Help.

(cross posted from another board.. thanks)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">