• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hair removal liability??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Makistoj

Liability

So I plan to be selling a hair removal cream in my online store. The brand is pilaten. It's a chinese brand being shipped from China. I'm in Canada but will be shipping to the US and other countries around the world.

The packaging is in Chinese but I can have a sticker label be placed on it with the same instructions that are on other brands such as Nair and veet.

I'm wondering if something bad happens, how liable am I?

If I say please consult a doctor before use and they don't and something bad happens, would I be liable as they mis used because ase they didn't ask a doctor?

I would like to know the risks

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
So I plan to be selling a hair removal cream in my online store. The brand is pilaten. It's a chinese brand being shipped from China. I'm in Canada but will be shipping to the US and other countries around the world.

The packaging is in Chinese but I can have a sticker label be placed on it with the same instructions that are on other brands such as Nair and veet.

I'm wondering if something bad happens, how liable am I?

If I say please consult a doctor before use and they don't and something bad happens, would I be liable as they mis used because ase they didn't ask a doctor?

I would like to know the risks
This forum is for US law only.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
You are going to want to research the law to see if you're allowed to sell it in the US.
Additionally, here in the US, disclaimers don't prevent lawsuits.

adjusterjack

Ok so if someone from the US bought, how liable am I
You sell, you can be sued for it. Right or wrong, nothing prevents the lawsuit from being handed to you and then you have to pay a barrel full of money to an attorney to defend you.

The solution:

Buy products liability insurance.

Without it you can be screwed even if you aren't negligent and it doesn't matter what country you are in.

In fact, anything you sell (even the most innocuous of products) can subject you to a lawsuit. If you don't have products liability insurance now you are cruisin' for a bruisin'.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">