• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hairdresser advertises move to new salon is being sued...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

simonwar

What is the name of your state?United Kingdom, South Wales.

(Not sure if this is the right forum, but struggled to select one that fits?)

I am a hairdresser and own a salon.

I recently employed a new stylist, (and advertised by her name only), that she had come to work for me. This is very common in hairdressing and the advert goes a bit like "Kristy Hair Studio, (my salon) welcomes Anna, (the new girl)".

It comes to light that she had a contract with her previous employer indicating that she could not work within 2 miles of that salon for 1 year after her employment ends.

My salon is over 4 miles away from this salon.

However, I have been issued a County Court summons to defend a case where I am being taken to court for apparently breaching the said contract.

However, the case against me implies that by advertisng that i have employed a new member of staff, that i am in breach of the contract and breaking the law.

What should I do, what sort of process should i go through to defend my case. Can I get legal aid. Do I need a solicitor, what type, etc etc.

I have recently given birth to a baby girl and I am really struggling with the situation.

Someone help!

Kristy.

BelizeBreeze

simonwar said:
What is the name of your state?United Kingdom, South Wales.

(Not sure if this is the right forum, but struggled to select one that fits?)

I am a hairdresser and own a salon.

I recently employed a new stylist, (and advertised by her name only), that she had come to work for me. This is very common in hairdressing and the advert goes a bit like "Kristy Hair Studio, (my salon) welcomes Anna, (the new girl)".

It comes to light that she had a contract with her previous employer indicating that she could not work within 2 miles of that salon for 1 year after her employment ends.

My salon is over 4 miles away from this salon.

However, I have been issued a County Court summons to defend a case where I am being taken to court for apparently breaching the said contract.

However, the case against me implies that by advertisng that i have employed a new member of staff, that i am in breach of the contract and breaking the law.

What should I do, what sort of process should i go through to defend my case. Can I get legal aid. Do I need a solicitor, what type, etc etc.

I have recently given birth to a baby girl and I am really struggling with the situation.

Someone help!

Kristy.
It's simple. Have your attorney write a nice letter to the other salon reminding them that since you were not a party to any contract between the new girl and the other salon, he/she will move for dismissal and legal fees including costs.

BelizeBreeze

FURTHERMORE:

Come back here and post the EXACT wording of the advertisment and the exact wording of the heading on the summons.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">