• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Half Cousin

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

convoy71

What is the name of your state? PA

This is not really a legal matter but would like to settle a small family dispute:

My son's 1st cousin's mother (wife's sister n law) was divorced by her husband (wife's brother). Had a child out of wedlock via affair. Of course the child would be her son's half brother.

Would this child also be my son's half cousin. Is there such a term? My mother argues she does not want to hear that term or accepts that child as a half cousin. My wife and I do.

Silverplum

convoy71 said:

This is not really a legal matter but would like to settle a small family dispute:

My son's 1st cousin's mother (wife's sister n law) was divorced by her husband (wife's brother). Had a child out of wedlock via affair. Of course the child would be her son's half brother.

Would this child also be my son's half cousin. Is there such a term? My mother argues she does not want to hear that term or accepts that child as a half cousin. My wife and I do.
I know what you're really asking, and the answer is yes, you can sleep with your half-cousin's brother's wife's grandma. :rolleyes:

AHA

convoy71 said:

No, but it would have been, if it was your wife's brother who had a child with someone.

Happy Trails

convoy71 said:

No blood relationship to you, so that means the only one that is related to the illegitimate child is the mother's other children and the BIO dad's family.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">