• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Halloween Accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

windyard

What is the name of your state? Michigan

I was in an accident on October 27 of 2002. I was tired and ran a red light and smashed my new focus into a bus going through the intersection. So my car was totaled out and I cancelled my insurance, since I didn't have a car anymore. I had Full coverage on that vehicle since it was brand new and I was making payments. At that time no one claimed they were hurt. Today I get home and my parents say some guy came by and gave them a summons stating that I am being sued for like $25,000, and it's trial by jury. This scares me because shouldn't they be sueing the insurance company since they have more money than me. What should I do? Go to the insurance company? Or do I have to settle this without them?

Please... I need help...

Thanks
Windyard

H

hexeliebe

I assume you cancelled the insurance AFTER the accident. If so, contact your insurance company. Since you were insured at the time of the accident the insurance company is required to cover you in the amount of your coverage.

W

windyard

So eventhough this is a civil suit... and he's sueing me... my insurance company that I had should cover it?

Thanks...
Windyard

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">