• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

handicapped parking spot

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Can anyone tell me if a couple can tie up a handicapped parking spot perminately. These 2 people have a spot here where I live and they have 2 motorcycles in a handicapped spot and never move them. Yes they have a placard on them saying they are handicapped and they also have a car but always use the car but when they use the motorcycles they take their car and park it in the handicapped spot untill they get back no matter how long it takes.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What US state?
If you're in OH as your username suggests, then I would recommend you contact the local police and ask them.

adjusterjack

If this is in an apartment complex or HOA, the police aren't likely to want to have anything to do with it.

I suggest you discuss it with the property management.

FarmerJ

If this is the only handicap parking space , perhaps you should call your city to learn if city ordinances have spelled out how many spaces they are to have based on the size of the complex.

quincy

Can anyone tell me if a couple can tie up a handicapped parking spot perminately. These 2 people have a spot here where I live and they have 2 motorcycles in a handicapped spot and never move them. Yes they have a placard on them saying they are handicapped and they also have a car but always use the car but when they use the motorcycles they take their car and park it in the handicapped spot untill they get back no matter how long it takes.
You could contact management and request an additional handicapped spot. Provide proper documentation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">