• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Harassing Neigbor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

yyang0803

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Dear all,

I have owned a condo for three years. I leased it to three different families. Over the three years, the neighbor harassed all three tenant families. As a matter of fact, the second family was forced to leave my property earlier before the contract terminated. Now the third family is suffering the same type of harassment and may leave earlier. Under what law can I bring the neighbor justice? What can I sue the neighbor for? Can I seek a restraining order against the neighbor? Thanks for your advice.

Regards,

YY

yyang0803

The neighbor alleged that my tenants of three different families made excessive noises that interfered with her life. Her harassments include calling my tenants and leaving nasty messages on their phone, threatening legal actions, calling in police to check on the tenants. My two latest tenant families are Japanese. They were very quiet and private. Because of that, the neighbor kept bullying them. My tenants had to restrict their normal dail activities. Even that didn't make her satisfied.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">