• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Harassment + 500+ hrs unpaid overtime

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JackTar

Hi,
(company name removed by admin) back in 2018. The place was a disaster, at least for back-office workers like myself- a sweatshop running on visa-slaves and milking people like myself, lying about incentives, etc... I was totally screwed by my "boss"(name removed by admin) there and her boss as well, in the logistics dept.

Long story short, until late last year, a guy calling himself a private investigator, called on XXXX 's behalf (from:phone number removed by admin), with threats and a whole lot of private info that he could have only gotten from the HR person. Information about my family, etc... He even went into my Dad's failed business from 15 years ago. Probably due to me sharing a name with my father, the moron must have mixed us up in hi "research."

This "PI" guy was saying that "bad things" are being written about XXXX and my former boss, online and on ABCDE [name of company removed). He said he traced everything back to me. I knew he was full of it since I hadn't posted anything. He said he was coming to my job and to my home (I was kind of hoping he would but he never did). After I got off the phone with this gem of a man, I started googling to see what had been written about them and found absolutely nothing. And as for my ABCDE review of the company, it was very honest and professional, I didn't use names, and really I think that's what they were trying to intimidate me against.

Also they got about 500 hrs of unpaid overtime out of me, from 2017 to 2018. I spoke to a lawyer in NYC, since I'll be back there in a few months. He said I have a case but wanted to know if it just NY bull or legit.

Last edited by a moderator:

Just Blue

@JackTar Your post has been reported due to the very identifying information. It will be back after Admin edits out names, company, phone #...etc..

None of that is necessary to get help from this site.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">