• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.


Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



Recently I hired in with this employer, up until the last few days everything seemed ok. Yesterday and today on two seperate occasions this employer refered to me as "boy". I am over a black male over 25, so I'm a long way from being a boy. I have never had this problem before, so I don't know excatly how to handle this. My question is should I just pack my bags and move on or is there anything I can do legally to fix this situation?



I am a law school graduate currently awaiting Bar results. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney-client relationship.

Race discrimination is strictly prohibited and prohibited constitutionally.

You need to read the section entitled "employment labor law" and all applicable subsections located at the freeadvice.com home page. These pages will show you what problem(s) you may have, if you have a case and what to do next.

I suggest reading those pages first and then possibly contacting an EEOC (equal employment opportunity commission office) and seeing if there is a way to get a mediator involved or have a labor attorney write a letter.

Minimize the situation as much as possible to prevent further harassment. If you feel the environment is very bad and not tolerable, perhaps leaving may make more sense.

Hope this helps. Make sure before you take any action, think through the positives and negatives!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential