• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Harassment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Moon child

So I received a summons today saying I'm being charged with harassment when they only have her side of the story and she was the one harassing me. She followed me and a group of my friends videoing us and taking our pictures. She followed us clear to the other end of the store and proceeded to stand in the end of our isle so I calmly walked over and asked what she was doing taking pictures of us and she began to yell and me and call me names . I ****ed back like I was going to spit at her but did not we turned and walked away she then walked down the other side and met back up with us taking photos again and that's when I knocked the phone out of her hand. She followed us to the check out and we left and today I received this stating I was harassing her when it was all her. I plan to plead not guilty and have witnesses what is the likelihood it will get dropped.

Shadowbunny

Queen of the Not-Rights
So I received a summons today saying I'm being charged with harassment when they only have her side of the story and she was the one harassing me. She followed me and a group of my friends videoing us and taking our pictures. She followed us clear to the other end of the store and proceeded to stand in the end of our isle so I calmly walked over and asked what she was doing taking pictures of us and she began to yell and me and call me names . I ****ed back like I was going to spit at her but did not we turned and walked away she then walked down the other side and met back up with us taking photos again and that's when I knocked the phone out of her hand. She followed us to the check out and we left and today I received this stating I was harassing her when it was all her. I plan to plead not guilty and have witnesses what is the likelihood it will get dropped.
What state are you in, Moonchild?

And were you an employee of the store?

quincy

Your first, incomplete thread said you are located in Pennsylvania.

Here is a link to Pennsylvania's harassment law: https://www.bucknell.edu/Documents/PublicSafety/2709. Harassment.pdf

You placed your question in the "job discrimination and harassment" section of the forum but it does not appear the alleged harassment was job related.

You were just shopping at a store and someone was following you around taking your picture? Do you know WHY the person was doing this? Was she a store employee, someone you know, a stranger?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">