• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Harmed by e-mail penpal!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

Katrinka

I hope someone out there can help me. :-(( I had corresponded with whom I felt was a VERY nice gentleman whom I met (I thought) from the Disablity Forum. We wrote for a long time, and eventually a romance bloomed. I am severely disabled with panic disorder, severe depression...plus I lost my right eye and over half my face in an accident many years ago. This man KNEW all that had happened to me, yet wished to meet me in person stating he loved me very, very much. I knew he was married, but he said he was very unhappily married and planned on ending it shortly. The man who lives with me as my caregiver sanctioned his coming out to visit after THOROUGHLY reading all his e-mails. When he visited, he stayed for several days and seemed to be VERY nice....saying he had fallen madly in love with me and promising marriage. He left to go back to another state and tell his wife he was leaving. Instead, a day later, I received an e-mail stating that he "had a good time" and said he would be staying with his wife as they had "new found happiness!" I was heartbroken and devastated and attempted suicide.

I don't think any "monetary" settlement would help me...as I am not after money. I just want to see justice served as I have an e-mail to the effect he has been preying on other women via the Internet.

Do I have any case here at all? Is it worth consulting a lawyer, or should I just forget it. I DO have copies of all e-mails as well as a witness to conversations that took place at this house.

I am a very poor woman (53 years old) and have very little money, and do not want to lose what little I have in some sort of countersuit. I just feel SO violated and dirty, and am having great emotional pain from this incident.

Could any lawyer out there give me a bit of legal advice? I would appreciate it so very much.

[email protected]

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Katrinka:
I hope someone out there can help me. :-(( I had corresponded with whom I felt was a VERY nice gentleman whom I met (I thought) from the Disablity Forum. We wrote for a long time, and eventually a romance bloomed. I am severely disabled with panic disorder, severe depression...plus I lost my right eye and over half my face in an accident many years ago. This man KNEW all that had happened to me, yet wished to meet me in person stating he loved me very, very much. I knew he was married, but he said he was very unhappily married and planned on ending it shortly. The man who lives with me as my caregiver sanctioned his coming out to visit after THOROUGHLY reading all his e-mails. When he visited, he stayed for several days and seemed to be VERY nice....saying he had fallen madly in love with me and promising marriage. He left to go back to another state and tell his wife he was leaving. Instead, a day later, I received an e-mail stating that he "had a good time" and said he would be staying with his wife as they had "new found happiness!" I was heartbroken and devastated and attempted suicide.

I don't think any "monetary" settlement would help me...as I am not after money. I just want to see justice served as I have an e-mail to the effect he has been preying on other women via the Internet.

Do I have any case here at all? Is it worth consulting a lawyer, or should I just forget it. I DO have copies of all e-mails as well as a witness to conversations that took place at this house.

I am a very poor woman (53 years old) and have very little money, and do not want to lose what little I have in some sort of countersuit. I just feel SO violated and dirty, and am having great emotional pain from this incident.

Could any lawyer out there give me a bit of legal advice? I would appreciate it so very much.

[email protected]
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My response:

Do you see that writing in RED, above? Without a State name, for both you and the man, we can't even attempt to assist you, if we're even able to assist you at all. Laws are different everywhere.

IAAL

------------------
By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that: The opinions expressed herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" are designed to provide educational information only and are not intended to, nor do they, offer legal advice. Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," on its own, will generate an attorney-client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. You further agree that you will obtain your own attorney's advice and counsel for your questions responded to herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE."

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">