• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Harrassment by Law Officials investigating my Doctor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

Reallybummedout

My State is Missouri.I am a disabled person.About 2 weeks ago,local law enforcement started an investigation about my Doctor.I am on meds for depression,chronic pain,& panic disorder.Apparently my medical file is in the laws posession.I was notified by an investigator that he wanted to talk with me.O.K. fine ,so he comes to my home with another man from the drug task force.I am informed that I am in no way in trouble,have not done anything wrong.They are asking me all kinds of very personal questions,like am I attracted to the Doc,have we had sex,etc.Then they want me to let them record the questioning.I am a P.T.S.D. sufferer also,and since this I am having severe symptoms.Can they do this?Is this a violation of Civil Rights ,and my privacy?Please help,I need medical attention,but can't see the Doctor because he doesn't have my medical records.And I am out of medications I am supposed to take daily. Help !!
Reallybummedout in Missouri

R

Reallybummedout

missouri]Originally posted by Reallybummedout [/i]
i am a disabled person. 2 weeks ago,local law enforcement started an investigation about my doctor.i have depression,chronic pain,& panic disorder.i was notified by an investigator that he wanted to talk with me. fine ,i am informed that i am in no way in trouble,have not done anything wrong.they ask me all kinds of very personal questions,like am i attracted to the doc,have we had sex,etc. they want me to let them record the questioning. i am a p.t.s.d. sufferer also,and since this I am having severe symptoms.Is this a violation of civil rights ,and my privacy?i need medical attention,but can't see the doctor because he doesn't have my medical records.i am out of medications iam supposed to take daily.
reallybummedout in missouri [/B][/QUOTE]

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Who says you have to cooperate with their investigation?

Their job is to investigate the doctor. That's their problem.

Your job is to get medical attention. Period.

You tell the investigators that you don't want to be involved in their job. You also tell them that your new doctor will be writing to them to request a copy of your medical records.

IAAL

R

Reallybummedout

Harrassment

thank you ! these people have really been jerking me around.when i first talked to the investigator,i asked him if i had any rights in the matter.he said no.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">