• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Harrassment Citation - Part 2

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Eric7100

My previous thread says that it is not open for further replies.

I have two new developments with my situation.

First, I learned that I received a second harrassment citation on New Year's Eve (when I wasn't even home) from an incident earlier that day where I walked down my driveway to get the mail. The neighbor's kid apparently was out to get his mail (I swear that I didn't see him at first) and they thought that I was approaching him too closely (for the purposes of harrassment). This "incident" was filmed, sent to the police, and they issued me another harrassment citation on New Year's Eve, without even informing me of it, while I was sitting at a Japanese hibachi restaurant enjoying my New Year's Eve meal.

Second, I called the police one morning to report that this neighbor was outside taking pictures of me with a series of bright flashes. They did this from their driveway, from inside their front door, and from the open window of their car while driving past me, as I was warming up my car. The neighbor confessed that instead of taking pictures, they were just flashing the flashlight component of their electronic device repeatedly because "they know that it annoys me." This was in the official police report, which was read to me. When I asked why they are not being cited with harrassing me, the police stated that because I "have been harrassing them for almost two years" (so much for being innocent until proven guilty), I "deserve" what the neighbor is doing, and therefore it is not harrassment.

quincy

My previous thread says that it is not open for further replies.

I have two new developments with my situation.

First, I learned that I received a second harrassment citation on New Year's Eve (when I wasn't even home) from an incident earlier that day where I walked down my driveway to get the mail. The neighbor's kid apparently was out to get his mail (I swear that I didn't see him at first) and they thought that I was approaching him too closely (for the purposes of harrassment). This "incident" was filmed, sent to the police, and they issued me another harrassment citation on New Year's Eve, without even informing me of it, while I was sitting at a Japanese hibachi restaurant enjoying my New Year's Eve meal.

Second, I called the police one morning to report that this neighbor was outside taking pictures of me with a series of bright flashes. They did this from their driveway, from inside their front door, and from the open window of their car while driving past me, as I was warming up my car. The neighbor confessed that instead of taking pictures, they were just flashing the flashlight component of their electronic device repeatedly because "they know that it annoys me." This was in the official police report, which was read to me. When I asked why they are not being cited with harrassing me, the police stated that because I "have been harrassing them for almost two years" (so much for being innocent until proven guilty), I "deserve" what the neighbor is doing, and therefore it is not harrassment.
Thank you for the update.

The advice offered in your previous thread stands. You can review the facts with an attorney in your area.

Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">