• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.


Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



In August 1999 I has a performance review and was highly rated. A suggestion of a raise was made. I continued to pursue this, with no results. In Nov. I was placed on a probationary status, to which I objected. I was told (in writing) that my district manager would have weekly phone contact with me and meet with me in person every 2 wks. I met with the manager once in 2 months and had no phone contact. The probationary period was to end 1-25-00. A subsequent meeting was canceled twice and a meeting for 2-11 was just cancelled. My unknown status with the company is causing me great anxiety. Do I have legal recourse? Can I file a worker's comp claim for stress?


Senior Member
Unfortunately you are a victim of a bad manager and corporate indifference. Have you thought of a well crafted letter to senior management, stressing your long record of accomplishment and contributions and fine reports? That might get you fired or taken out of limbo. In eith case you'd be ahead of the game as there is a lot of demand for good employees in this hot economy.

If you have real injury so severe that you can't work, and a physician would say it is work induced, that could likely qualify you for worker's comp. But working for a jerk is not a grounds for suit.

This is intended as general information only and NOT LEGAL ADVICE. You are not my client, and I have no obligation of any kind to you. To retain a lawyer, go to http://AttorneyPages.com

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential