• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Has anybody ever done this?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

texasmomlost

What is the name of your state? Texas

After reading some of these posts I am thinking. Has anyone ever voluntarily given the NCP a receipt of how things are spent?

I have been thinking about doing this. I know he would appreciate seeing where the money goes when it is spent. Child support goes right into the kids' account (they can't access it yet) so it is like a trust fund.

But I am thinking that when I take money out I will just get the receipts and show him where it went.

It is a little self serving on my part, I get tired of him saying "jeezus don't you ever buy him (ds) new shoes" now i can say "yes DEAR I bought some here" and hand him the receipt!Lmao

P.S. the shoe thing is kind of a joke in our house, we go through shoes like toliet paper!

P.P.S I wasn't done I guess. WHen this is done how should it be done? Presented to the courts for files, sent certified or given to attorneys?

Last edited:

VeronicaGia

Well, the court wouldn't require you to do this as I believe (not completely sure) that only one state will allow this "accounting" of support, and I do not believe TX is it.

For pure personal satisfaction, you could make copies of receipts and send them once every three months, but if it would create a wedge in a decent relationship between you and your ex, it probably isn't worth it.

Maybe the fact that you are putting the money into an account instead of using it all (or most of it) makes him think he's over paying or something? Maybe that's his problem. Another thought, if the kids are old enough and you think this would work, let them stay strictly with him for a few weeks, or even an extended summer, so he'd get a really good idea as to how much you spend. :)

T

texasmomlost

My ex does not really complain about where the support goes. I seriously can not spend $650/month on two kids!

Yes therea re some months when they have school fee's, sports registrations etc. and summers can get expensive, but we use the extra money left for the summer events.

I always feel a bit of guilt spending the child support money. I think to myself should i be spending it on this and that or not?Lol!

The receipts would not cause any problems between us, I think we would both enjoy it. Just wondering if it shoudl stay between us or the attorneys?

haiku

I wouldn't do it. you have no legal, or even moral obligation to do it.

You may even open a can of worms , you may not want to. (now he can bitch about what you ARE buying LOL I think some people just need to feel in control, and like to complain)

haiku

texasmomlost said:
My ex does not really complain about where the support goes. I seriously can not spend $650/month on two kids!

Yes therea re some months when they have school fee's, sports registrations etc. and summers can get expensive, but we use the extra money left for the summer events.

I always feel a bit of guilt spending the child support money. I think to myself should i be spending it on this and that or not?Lol!

The receipts would not cause any problems between us, I think we would both enjoy it. Just wondering if it shoudl stay between us or the attorneys?
wow! I think I 'love" you! can I give you my husbands ex's phone number she needs budgeting help, or something -kick in the but by 'real' moms I don't know..... LOL

H

hexeliebe

Too late Haiku, I think I'm also in LOVE:D:D:D

you should write my ex. She still complains about the $5,000 I send every month.

Geeez, as if she can't find a cheaper source of cavier.:confused:

HO-LY doody, hex!!

OT ~ Hey, did any of you guys hear about that lady in California who wanted to get her CS raised to almost a quarter or half a million dollars (can't remember which) a month? This was a looooooooooooooong time ago so you might not have.

H

hexeliebe

I didn't hear about that looney tune, but since you mentioned it I think I'll consider myself lucky.

Hell, I might even go back to work. At least then I'd be able to tell the ex I work hard for the money :D

By the way, Henry David had the right idea. That's why I'm in the middle of building a deck to look out over the river. It's my new hideout :D

Like I said, I don't remember it very well, but I don't think she got it.

Yeah, Henry had it right. I think I'm gonna move to Alaska and become a hermit. :D :) :D :)

VeronicaGia

texasmomlost said:

Maybe you could teach Cookie how to budget?

T

texasmomlost

hexeliebe said:
Too late Haiku, I think I'm also in LOVE:D:D:D

you should write my ex. She still complains about the $5,000 I send every month.

Geeez, as if she can't find a cheaper source of cavier.:confused:
I love you too hexeliebe (what kind of name is that anyway?). Oh haiku I have plenty of love for you too! I am not going to discriminate against gender (assuming you are a female from what I read!LOL).:p

T

texasmomlost

VeronicaGia said:
Maybe you could teach Cookie how to budget?
I do not have the patience to teach stupid people.:D

CAPrincess, I could teach you how to budget but I am not all that great myself.

T

texasmomlost

Okay how do I change my title thing that says junior member do i have to have so many posts or can I do it on my own? I want to be hex's new drug!;)

Go to "user cp" at the top of the page. Click on it. Go to "Edit Profile". Under Optional Information, it'll say Custom User Text. Enter the title you want and hit "Submit Modifications".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">