• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Has to be out by midnight/Nothing Packed/Unlawful Detainer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wademan1

What is the name of your state?Ca. My roommate agreed to move out by the end of Sept. 7th which is today. He hasn't packed one thing yet and went to work today. I called and e-mailed him and he won't call me back. You have to read my previous posts to see what a tool this guy is. It looks like he is going to do this the hard way. My question is does he have a grace period after the move out date before I can file the unlawful detainer or can I file it tommorrow?

Look what a menace this guy is!
https://forum.freeadvice.com/search.php?searchid=708702

Last edited:

longneck

you said in a previous post you were going to give him a 60 day termination notice. did you do that? does it expire on the 7th?

wademan1

Yes it does

longneck said:
you said in a previous post you were going to give him a 60 day termination notice. did you do that? does it expire on the 7th?

I gave him a 60 day notice in which he wasn't going anywhere and he made that clear. He finally came to me and said if you will give me one more month I will move out by Sept 7th. I made an official extension on the basis that he would leave civily and lo and behold here we are again on the day of the contract end and he hasn't done anything!!

longneck

then first thing tomorrow morning, you get to go to the court house and file an unlawful detainer suit and start the ball rolling on an eviction. be prepared to produce proff-of-service for you 60 day termination notice.

wademan1 said:
I made an official extension on the basis that he would leave civily
Do you have this (and everything else) in writing?

I agree w/Longneck. Take the appropriate legal action first thing in the morning. I would not delay even by a day.

And at this point stop trying to talk to him. It's obviously not getting you anywhere, but I'm guessing he's getting a big kick (I remember your previous post) out of watching you get all bent out of shape about it.'

Karla in Amarillo

wademan1

Update You are going to Love this!!!

txlandlady said:
Do you have this (and everything else) in writing?

I agree w/Longneck. Take the appropriate legal action first thing in the morning. I would not delay even by a day.

And at this point stop trying to talk to him. It's obviously not getting you anywhere, but I'm guessing he's getting a big kick (I remember your previous post) out of watching you get all bent out of shape about it.'

Karla in Amarillo
Well he didn't call me back, because he is to much of a pussy to look me in the face and talk. He just e-mailed me and said he was on a wating list for this place to open up and then he can move out. He then said if you don't mind can you hook the cable back up until I move. The nerve after being nice and giving him another 30 days he wants to screw me!! God I sent him back a loving e-mail saying if he is not out by midnight then I have no choice but to go to the courthouse. That's the Disney version. I even said I would help him God-Dmn move!!! Anything to get his ass out right now!!

Hey, Wademan, are you listening?????

Stop what you're doing right now (if you really want to get rid of this guy) and pay attention!!

You're too caught up in this sick little game of his! Don't you get that he is ENJOYING this!?! It's like he's the puppeteer - pulling your strings. You're getting all pissed (who wouldn't) and this loser obviously feeds off the conflict.

I PROMISE you.......just STOP playing his sick game. Don't banter back and forth with him. Be cordial to his face. Just tell him you're no longer discussing this matter if he tries to get you to agree with anything. If he emails you don't EVEN OPEN THEM!!!! In the morning go to the courthouse and be DONE with it. Do you honestly NOT get that THAT would "GET" him more than anything else you could do???????????

And you didn't answer me re: do you have EVERYTHING he agreed to in writing?

Just to clarify......he's enjoying this. STOP it now - you're giving him what he wants. Follow the law and you'll be rid of him and won't give him any further satisfaction.

K in A

wademan1

Need Help!!!

Ok contacted some legal help today. They said even though my landlord signed the original 60 day notice, that she needed to be the one to file the unlawful detainer not me. Even though I am the only one on the lease and he is leasing from me. She told me to take care of this thing myself. Is this true? if I file this thing will it hold in court?

I have a 60 day notice signed by the landlord with a later agreed 30 day extension, which I will quote from his email about the validity of the extension -"First off the extension was not a contract...it was acknowledgment of an evection notice. So you don’t have to honor it unless you choose to."

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">