• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

have a case?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BDPin Ohio

What is the name of your state? ohio While I was incarcerated for dui and menacing,the sherrifs dept.where I was in jail, found it neccessary to contact my employer to pretty much get me reprimanded or fired. I was also allowed to go to a psycologist once a week from jail. These appointments were made by me. One appt. I was let out of jail to go to, when I arrived for the appt. the doc. told me that the sherrifs dept. had canceled my appt. I dont think they have that right. I work for the state dept of correction as a correction officer. My employer has an investigator that is at the prison where I work to investigate any employee or inmate whenever the need arises. This same investigator is also a deputy for the county where I was in jail. I feel that he used his connections at the jail to disipline me at my job. As I mentioned I had a menacing charge,when I threatened the officer who arrested me for DUI. Since our investigator is a deputy in the same county I was arrested I feel he has decided to make me pay. I have spent my 43 days in jail, and now employer is trying to disipline me fo supposed rules violation at work. There is alot more to this story but these are the basics.

BDPin Ohio

seniorjudge said:
A case for what? I was wanting to no if it was legal for the sherrif dept. to keep my employer up on my day to day activities. Also cancelling my app. to the doc that I personally made an was allowed to be released for. Also our investigator being employed for both my employer and the county where I was in jail. And using his connection there to try and disipline me now that Im out of jail.

What are your damages?
My damages havent been decided yet my employer could terminate me and are in the process of disciplining me now.

seniorjudge

You are an at-will employee and can be fired for no reason or any reason.

If you have suffered no damages, you have no case.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">