• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Have a friend that's in a "mess" please help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

greywar

To be fair-a LOT of people are paying for kids that aren't theirs. And the description here makes me think he should 100% find out if the child is his....

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
tonysgrl48 said:
OK Let me explain a little better. 10 years ago, he was dating this girl who was 16 at the time, (looked and told him she was 20). He was in love with her. They got pregnant. Her mother didn't have a problem with this. (If I were the mother, I would) anyway, the stepfather had a problem with it and pressed charges. So, obvioulsy, they had to break up. He pays child support for his daughter. You have to understand that if he knew how old she was, he would have never touched her. He's not that type. And now, yes he has to register as a sex offender. I am nothing but a co-worker to him. He is just a nice guy that is looking to be happy and have a life. Believe me, that if he was a "child molester", I would never ever have anything to do with him. I am a firm believer that you do not harm in anyway shape or form children or animals. (anyone, for that matter) I know how it feels. So please, no ill feelings towards him, just some fair, nonjudgemental advice. Thanks Ohiogal
\The reasons don't matter. What matters is he was found guilty for having sex with a minor. That will show a court that he is a danger to children and the court will take that into consideration. MOm was in the wrong for not reporting him. He will end up with supervised visitation IF that because no court is going to allow a child molestor/child rapist to have unfettered access to children. And my comment is not judgmental. Your friend did the crime, was found guilty and now has to do the time and all the punishment.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">