• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Have A Question.....please Help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

nvaldes

What is the name of your state? GYYGY texas

In August of 1999 I was released from TDC without authority from Austin. Meaning the District Court signed for my release without authority or a say so from her supervisor. In January of 2001 I was called to court because they had realized there mistake with the paperwork.The DA said that in order for them to correct this I would have to be confined.My court appointed lawyer filed a Writ of Habeas Corpus and it was granted. Now in Febuary of this year I recieved a letter from my court a ppointed lawyer telling me I had to be in court to turn myself in because the mistake had not been fixed. So I did and have been in the county jail for 6 months. In March of 2002 my lawyer filed a another Writ of Habeas Corpus and the state sent back a response saying that I was being illegally confined and was granted a release.Yet I am still being held. Reading up on my case I have found out that I dont have to be confined that the hearing I am suppose to be waiting for is betwen the judge and the DA and my lawyer. I also looked up my charges and it seems I am being charged for the same case twice. It is the same case from 1994 just redated 2001.

My questions is are my civil rights being violated?
If so do I have a strong enough case to sue?
Is there anything I can do to speed u this hearing?
Do I have to be confined?

C

CombatTN88

nvaldes said:
What is the name of your state? GYYGY texas

In August of 1999 I was released from TDC without authority from Austin. Meaning the District Court signed for my release without authority or a say so from her supervisor. In January of 2001 I was called to court because they had realized there mistake with the paperwork.The DA said that in order for them to correct this I would have to be confined.My court appointed lawyer filed a Writ of Habeas Corpus and it was granted. Now in Febuary of this year I recieved a letter from my court a ppointed lawyer telling me I had to be in court to turn myself in because the mistake had not been fixed. So I did and have been in the county jail for 6 months. In March of 2002 my lawyer filed a another Writ of Habeas Corpus and the state sent back a response saying that I was being illegally confined and was granted a release.Yet I am still being held. Reading up on my case I have found out that I dont have to be confined that the hearing I am suppose to be waiting for is betwen the judge and the DA and my lawyer. I also looked up my charges and it seems I am being charged for the same case twice. It is the same case from 1994 just redated 2001.

My questions is are my civil rights being violated?
If so do I have a strong enough case to sue?
Is there anything I can do to speed u this hearing?
Do I have to be confined?
Before we can help you out, what were you in for?

N

nvaldes

My inital charge is burglary of a building (burg of building) from 1994. I was put oj probation for 7 yeasr and violated. I signed for 90-120 days SAIP (bootcamp @TDC) and successfully completed it. I was suppose to come out of bootcamp and do 6 years probation. The problem is the paperwork was lost. I visited my probation officer but, he told me he did not have my file. So legally I was not on probation. At the time I turned myself in because I had a MRP (Motion to Provoke Probation) and a post conviction of possession charge, which had been taken care of in 1999. I plead guilty and was sentence to 20 days court time/served. and a burg. of a building in 2001, 99 and some other fines. The problem is that these are all the same cases from 1994 just redated. So again my charges are 1. Burglary of a building 2. Post conviction 3. MRP (motion to rovoke probation 4. FTA Failture to Appear
They have denied my bond and i've been hear 6 months and have not went to court. Supposely I I am waiting on the Court of appeals since March. On the other hand I received the answer for WRIT OF HABEAS CORPUS and the State agrees that I'm being illegally confined and grants my release.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">