• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Have To Pay C.s. When He Owes

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

PHATSO1

What is the name of your state? N.C. MY SON WHO IS 14 WENT TO LIVE WITH HIS FATHER LAST YEAR.ALL HIS FATHER PAID WAS FORTY DOLLARS A WEEK WHEN HE LIVED WITH ME.HE DIDN'T EVEN PAY THE DOCTOR ,DENTIST,OR HOSPITAL BILLS WHICH WERE COURT ORDERED.I TRIED HARD FOR DSS TO HELP BUT THEY WOULD NOT.I RAISED THIS CHILD ON MY OWN FOR ALL THESE YEARS. I STOPPED C.S.WHEN MY SON WENT TO LIVE WITH BUT I DID NOT STOP THE ARREARS.THE B.SUED ME FOR C.S. HE WAITED TO I LOST MY JOB.I WAS COURT ORDERED TO PAY HIM TWICE WHAT HE WAS TO PAY ME.I WANT TO KNOW HOW IS IT THAT HE OWES ME CHILD SUPPORT AND I HAVE TO PAY HIM? ALSO HIS WIFE CAN CARRY MY SON ON HER INSURANCE AND THEY CAN NOT COUNT THIER INCOME TOGETHER. THEY MAKE 6 FIGURES TO MY UNEMPLOYMENT CHECK. I HAVE TRIED TO GET IT MODIFIED AND THEY SAID I COULD NOT.I HAVE ANOTHER CHILD TO RAISE.THEY EVEN COUNTED HIS C.S. AS MY INCOME, WHY DID'T THEY COUNT HIS WIFES.I GO TO COURT IN TWO WEEKS I JUST NEED SOME KIND OF ADVICE.

VeronicaGia

First off, please do not use all caps when posting. It makes the post hard to read.

Secondly, if he is in arrears for support, you can bring that up when you go to court. Bring proof of arrears. Also bring proof of current income (unemployment) and pay stubs from when you were working.

Third, his wife is not responsible. This is his and your child, not hers. She has no obligation to you, him or the child whatsoever. There is no reason her income should be included.

Finally, other than any arrears he owes, you are financially responsible to support your child, just like he was when you had custody. Why would you think you aren't responsible?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">