• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Have you ever been convicted of a felony

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

digital586

I live in Sacramento, Ca. Two years ago I applied foe a job with the state. On the application the question " have you been convicted of a felony in the past seven years?" was asked. Since my list eligibility was good for one year only, I am applying again. This time the application asks the question "have you ever been convicted of a felony?". My question is: Is there a time limit for this question? I.E. convicted in past X years, instead of just have you EVER been convicted? What California statuet or law covers this question?

Thanks,

RC

M

msattorney

I do not know what the law is in CA as to this question. I would contact the state dept of labor and employment in Sacramento to see if there is a rule about this. If there is no requirement about a time limit, then you will need to answer yes but then can give details about when it was.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">