• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Have you ever considered the house face setting?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

immiq

What is the name of your state?AL
Hi, I wonder which house face setting is better, the south north, east west or what else and why. Thanks.

PghREA

I prefer the house front door facing south/west so the back of the house in shaded in the afternoon. Frankly, it really doesn't matter.

jamied66

In this hemisphere, the southern side gets the most direct sunlight. The northern side gets the most moss.

Align your windows accordingly.

nextwife

Depends upon the view, the traffic, the climate, the floor plan, and so on.

I'm in WI, for example and I LOVE my four season's sunroom on the south side of the house, because the outside temp. can be -20 with piles of snow outside, but if it's sunny, the room is still toasty. And the homes across the street all have the house oriented so the back faces east. Why? Because they want to take advantage of the view overlooking Lake Michigan. My point? There are many factors to consider and no one right answer.

HappyHusband

immiq said:
What is the name of your state?AL
Hi, I wonder which house face setting is better, the south north, east west or what else and why. Thanks.
If you leave the wheels on you can adjust the orientation to find the one that you like best.

PghREA

HappyHusband said:
If you leave the wheels on you can adjust the orientation to find the one that you like best.
It depends on the width of the lot and where the hookups are located.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">