• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Have you filed the Homestead Exemption?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

immiq

What is the name of your state?AL
How much do you know about the Homestead Exemption? Can you share?

HomeGuru

immiq said:
What is the name of your state?AL
How much do you know about the Homestead Exemption? Can you share?

**A: I don't know anything about this in AL. Call your local real property tax office on Tues.

Last edited:

PghREA

In my neck of the woods - it is a reduction in county taxes if you have owned a home in the county for at least 10 years and have filed for the exemption. It' s "good thing". You will need to get information from your local tax office to see if you qualify.

immiq

PghREA said:
In my neck of the woods - it is a reduction in county taxes if you have owned a home in the county for at least 10 years and have filed for the exemption. It' s "good thing". You will need to get information from your local tax office to see if you qualify.
PghREA, from your posting I know the homestead tax exemption is regarding to the property tax exemption. It seems another way to save the costs after purchase of the house. Your posting is helpful.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">